Materials held at Hitotsubashi University libraries are available for viewing by external users to the extent that the same does not hinder learning or educational/research activities at the University.
Use of the Library
Scope of Use
Procedures for Use
- Fill in an Application Form for Guest at the reception counter.
- Indicate the name of the materials to be used.
- Show your identification.
- You will be provided with a one-day library entry ID. Please keep it on your person while in the library, and return it when you leave.
Please bear the following points in mind
- Materials held at Hitotsubashi University libraries are aimed at users who will use them for learning or educational/research activities.
- Users seeking to use only the facilities will not be admitted.
- Please view materials at the specified locations.
- The reading rooms with no shelves and group study rooms may not be used.
- Exam preparation books, work/exercise books and textbooks up to high-school level may not be brought into the library.
- Some materials may not be available due to their being on loan or out for repair or binding.
- The library is especially crowded during and just before exam periods (from the middle to the end of July and from the end of January to the middle of February). Please understand that this may affect the speed of responses to requests.
- Databases and electronic materials that are contractually restricted to use only by Hitotsubashi University staff/students may not be used.
Use of Materials
Please apply at the counter for retrieval of materials that are held in the stack area, valuable materials room, or microform room. Please check the application times.
CD-ROMs shelved at the counter can be used from 9:00-17:00 on weekdays.
Please refer to the following for how to search electronic journals.
Some are not available to visitors. Please consult with the Reference Service Section.
Graduation theses, master’s theses, and credit-earning theses for doctoral courses are works that are yet to be made public, and viewing is limited to Hitotsubashi University staff and students.
Approval of the author will be required for use by any other party.
Approval of the author will also be required for any copying, irrespective of the department the user belongs to. Please inquire in advance at the library if you wish to use such materials.
- Use of valuable materials requires a reservation made at least the day before. Click here for details.
- For valuable materials that are displayed in the online catalog as being located at “CHSSL Social Science Literature" or “Center for Historical Social Science Literature", please inquire at the Center for Historical Social Science Literature.
- Please fill out a Visitor Application Form at the reception counter on the day of your visit.
- Library staff will give you a visitor name tag to be worn while viewing the library.
- Viewing of the library is limited to a period of 20 minutes or less.
- Please do not take photographs inside the library.
- Please contact the library in advance for groups of over 10 people.
- Please also inquire in advance if you would like to be guided around by a library staff member.
Reception/visiting hours: Weekdays 9:00-17:00