If the materials you require are not held by the library, you may be able to use those items at external libraries.
- When making requests to use other libraries, please do so only after thoroughly checking the collections of Hitotsubashi University Library.
- You can search the materials held by other university libraries via CiNii Books.
Visiting Other Libraries (Viewing Only)
Use of the most national university libraries is possible for faculty/postgraduate students upon presentation of identification. Undergraduate students as a rule no longer require a letter of introduction, but depending on the library concerned, advance notice may be required.
Private university libraries require a letter of introduction.
Note that the Renmin University of China Library, Tsuda College Library, International Christian University Library, the Keio University Media Centers, the Waseda University Central Library, can be used upon presentation of a faculty (full-time only) or student ID.
Please inquire at the Help Desk for conditions of use (required documents, library holidays and opening hours) for the relevant library.
Visiting the IDE library
Please show your faculty or student ID card, and submit User Card Application Form issued by Hitotsubashi University Library to the IDE Library. You will be provided with a user card which will enable you to enter the library and borrow materials. Types of loanable materials and loan periods are below.
|Material Type||Loan Period||Check Out Limit|
|Books||30 days||10 volumes|
|Statistical Materials||14 days|
- Reservation is required to use maicrofilms and CD-ROMs. Please apply at least two days before you plan to use.
- Please follow the rules of the IDE library to use other materials oｒ facilities.
How to apply
Letters of introduction are issued at the Help Desk. Please apply via Inquiry Form.
- We obtain permission from the visiting library in advance, so please apply 3-5 weekdays before your planned visit.
- You should specify below:
- The date of visit (You need one letter per day)
- The materials you wish to use
You will receive letters of introduction at the Help Desk from 9AM to 5PM on weekdays. We can not send it via E-mail.
|Process for Issuing Letter of Introduction|
|(1) Apply via Inquiry Form|
(2) Request to other library for use/checking of holdings
(3) Reply from other library (usage permission)
(4) Applicant contacted
(5) Letter of introduction issued at Help Desk