You can use rare materials only when the original materials are required. If we have digital image data or microform materials, please use them.
You must make a reservation in advance to use rare materials (you cannot use the materials on the day of application). Please contact us via “Ask a librarian” by 4 p.m. on the day before the day of use (weekdays only).
Please fill out and submit “The Application Form for Browsing Rare Materials” and “The Application Form for Duplicate Rare Materials” (not necessary if you do not wish to make copies).
You will be informed of the available date after we check the condition of the materials.
- Please contact the Center for Historical Social Science Literature (CHSSL) for rare materials whose location is indicated as “CHSSL" in the HERMES-Catalog (Hitotsubashi University Library Catalog).
- Photocopy service is different from usual. Please check the condition of “The Application Form for Duplicate Rare Materials”.
- Please use the designated reading area for rare materials.
- Do not eat and drink in the reading area.
- You can use only a pencil with a hardness of B or softer. Please prepare your own pencils in advance.
- Do not use an eraser.
- Wash your hands before using rare materials.
- Do not leave books open.
- Do not pile up a large number of books. Do not place objects on top of books.
- Do not read with the book on your lap.
- Do not turn the pages violently.
- Do not turn pages by licking your fingers.
- Do not force open pages that do not open properly, or press down hard on them.
- Do not use Post-its or other glued sticky notes.
- Please never write on the materials.
- Depending on the material, we may ask you to use a reading stand.
- If you need a paperweight, please let us know.