Ask a Librarian
In accordance with the Hitotsubashi University Library Usage Rules and Bylaws, the library accepts consultations from members of the university (students, faculty, staff, etc.) regarding the following matters.
- Bibliography and whereabouts of documents
- Research on specific matters
- Introduction of references or databases
- Guidance on the use of information retrieval
- Matters related to the use of libraries (including other institutions)
Please note that it may take one week to ten days depending on the contents.
* For information on visiting other libraries and using e-journals / electronic databases, please contact us using the respective forms.
* For more information about requests for photocopies and interlibrary loans to other institutions, please click here and apply through MyLibrary.
Unacceptable Survey Details
- Legal consultation, medical consultation, personal background checks, credit checks of companies, etc., appraisal of paintings, calligraphies, and antiques, answers to study assignments and examination questions, translation of documents, deciphering of ancient documents, and any other work that damages personal honor or property, or offends public order and morals
- Those that are particularly costly or time-consuming and may interfere with operations
- Other requests to which the Library Director deems it inappropriate to respond
We only accept surveys related to specific materials in our collection. For information on materials held by the University, please click here. Otherwise, please contact your institution’s library or a nearby public library. For information on the history of the University, please contact Hitotsubashi University History Archives.
For information on interlibrary loan, please click here and contact us through the e-mail address listed.
Ask a Librarian Web Form
Your personal information will be kept confidential, but we may use it to contact you and take statistics. The library deals with your personal information properly, based on Hitotsubashi University’s Personal Information Protection Regulations (No. 45, March 25, 2022) (in Japanese).
Click on the “Confirm" button after the form and you will move to the confirmation page. Your message has NOT already sent. Please be sure of clicking on the “Send" button on the confirmation page.
After completing your application, you will receive an automatic reply mail. If you do not, please check your spam/junk mail folder. If you still can not find it, please contact lib-helpdesk●ad.hit-u.ac.jp (Please change ● to @).