User Registration and Entry
A Library User ID is required for entry to the library (a library entry/exit system has been introduced).
Enter the library using your User ID (IC staff ID card/Barcode) at the card reader at the library entrance gate.
A Library User ID is required for using library services such as borrowing.
|Position||Type||Method of Issue||ID Validity Period|
|Undergraduate/graduate students||Student ID||–||Period Enrolled|
*Including leave of absence
|Faculty||Staff ID||–||Period Employed|
|Researchers/part-time staff, etc.||User ID issued by the library||Inquire at the library or your department||Period|
If you forget to bring your card
Inform the reception counter at the far left of the entrance.
You will be able to enter the library via the entrance gate after library staff have confirmed your eligibility.
However, you will not be able to borrow library materials.
Bringing Visitors to the Library
Visitors should fill out a Visitor Application Form at the reception counter at the far left of the entrance.
Please follow the instructions of the staff to enter the library.
Viewing of the library is limited to a period of 20 minutes or less.
Borrowing Agency Card
If you are a faculty member employed by Hitotsubashi University or an emeritus professor, you may apply for a Borrowing Agency Card which allows an agent such as an assistant or secretary to borrow books. Please download the application form, fill it out and bring it to the counter.
- Full-time and part-time faculty members employed by Hitotsubashi University (who are not students of Hitotsubashi University) and emeritus professors may apply for this card.
- The card is valid until the end of the current fiscal year. The card may be renewed within the applicant’s expiration date.
- Only one card is issued per applicant.
- This card cannot be used to enter the library.
- This card cannot be used to check out materials other than books (e.g., stacks keys, group study room keys, DVD drives, etc.).