Taking photos of materials
You can take photos of materials which are not suitable for electronic copying as long as the purpose of duplication is research and you do not plan to reuse the materials.
Fill in the following application form and submit to the Help Desk at the library.
If you want to take photos of rare books, the following application form is needed.
*For more details on use of rare books, please see here (only in Japanese).
Publication of materials, etc.
You need a permission from the library in advance for any secondary use of materials in our holdings, such as the following:
- Broadcasting (including re-airing)
- Exhibition by duplication
- Other secondary uses
Requirements for taking photos and publication of materials:
- Please take photos in the designated area in the presence of staff.
- Please follow the instructions of the staff if there is a risk of damage to the materials.
- You must take responsibility for any rights of publicity and copyright.
- Do not use duplications except for the permitted purposes. If you want to use them for any other purposes, you are required to obtain permission again.
- Please indicate in any publications that Hitotsubashi University Library holds the original.
- Please contribute your publication to Hitotsubashi University Library, where it will be shelved for general use.
Fill in the following application form(s) and contact our library in advance.
- Application form for publication
- Application form for reprinting
- Application form for broadcasting
- Application form for filming and broadcasting
- Application form for taking photos and publication
Use of contents published in HERMES-IR (Institutional Repository)
Please see below if you want to use contents published in HERMES-IR.
Exhibition of materials
Fill in the following application form and contact our library in advance if you want to use materials for exhibition.
Requirements for use of materials such as exhibition:
Photocopying materials (for external users)
People belonging to university or research institutes can obtain photocopies through the inter-library loan service. Please ask your institute library for details.
You can also request photocopies through public libraries, who will give you the necessary details.
For librarians at public libraries
Please fill in the following application form and send it to our library.
- Application form for photocopying
- Payments are made by bank transfer in advance only.
- We may turn down requests depending on the situation.
- It may take 2-3 weeks to process a request.