Taking photos of materials

You can take photos of materials which are not suitable for electronic copying as long as the purpose of duplication is research and you do not plan secondary use of the materials.
Fill in the following application form and submit to the Help Desk at the library.

If you want to take photos of rare books, the following application form is needed.
*For more details on use of rare materials, please see here.

Publication of materials, etc.

You need a permission from the library in advance for any secondary use of materials in our holdings, such as the following:

  • Publication
  • Reprinting
  • Broadcasting (including re-airing)
  • Exhibition by duplication
  • Other secondary uses

Requirements for taking photos and publication of materials:

  • Please take photos in the designated area in the presence of staff.
  • Please follow the instructions of the staff if there is a risk of damage to the materials.
  • You must take responsibility for any rights of publicity and copyright.
  • Do not use duplications except for the permitted purposes. If you want to use them for any other purposes, you are required to obtain permission again.
  • Please indicate in any publications that Hitotsubashi University Library holds the original.
  • Please contribute your publication to Hitotsubashi University Library, where it will be shelved for general use.

Fill in the following application form(s) and contact our library in advance.
*If you have a project proposal, please submit it with the application form.

Use of contents published in HERMES-IR (Institutional Repository)

Please see below if you want to use contents published in HERMES-IR.

Exhibition of materials

Fill in the following application form and contact our library in advance if you want to use materials for exhibition.

Requirements for use of materials such as exhibition:

Photocopying materials (for external users)

People belonging to university or research institutes can obtain photocopies through the inter-library loan service. Please ask your institute library for details.
You can also request photocopies through public libraries, who will give you the necessary details.
For more information, please see here.