- Please be quiet inside the library.
- Users who disturb others or fail to abide by instructions from library staff may be denied use of the library.
- Keep your wallet/purse, valuables and user ID on you at all times.
- Eating, drinking and smoking are strictly prohibited.
※Drinks in sealable containers such as PET bottles are permitted.
- In principle, photography is prohibited. If you need to take pictures, please contact us.
- Return viewed materials to their original locations. If this is not possible, please leave them on a return stand.
- Use electronic equipment such as mobile phones and PCs in the designated areas only.
- Do not write on/in materials.
- Remove any Post-it notes or slips you have attached to materials before returning them.
The following behaviors will result in the imposition of penalties based on Article 18 of the Library Usage By-laws. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in creating a comfortable library environment.
|Overdue||All borrowing privileges (including renewals) will be blocked for as many days as the book is overdue. (The Penalty is exempted within 10 days. And it’s up to 60 days.)|
|Lending/transfer/receipt of User ID||Borrowing prohibited for one week|
|Lending of materials||Borrowing prohibited for one week|
|Taking out materials without permission||Library use prohibited for one month (Library entry prohibited)|
|Significant violation of Article 17 of the Library Usage Regulations (Observance of Conditions)||Asked to leave the library, and library use prohibited for a proportionate period of time|
Library Usage Regulations Article 17 (Observance of Conditions)
Users must observe the following conditions except when otherwise determined by the Director of the library.
- Users must not damage library materials, equipment or furnishings.
- Users must keep quiet.
- Users must not eat, drink or smoke.
- Users must not leave materials, equipment or personal items unattended.
- Users must not solicit, engage in public speaking, display or sell goods, or distribute or post flyers of any kind without the Director’s permission.
- Users must not behave in a manner that disturbs other users.