Use of PCs in the Library
- User Internet Terminals
- Open Access Floors
- Card-operated Printers
- Locations for Use of Electronic Equipment, etc.
User Internet Terminals
PCs are an indispensable item when it comes to writing reports and theses. The library provides computers in an effort to enrich the learning-support environment utilizing library materials and databases. For more information on PCs, please click here.
The number of terminals is limited, so please be ready to share with other users.
- Main Building 1st Floor Computer Workstation (50 terminals)
How to Use the Terminals
- Turn the computer on
- Enter your student ID (User ID/Password) in the login window
- Be sure to shut down after use
- Do not leave any bags/items unattended at your seat
- Terminals will automatically shut down after 15 minutes of inactivity (terminals will lock after 10 minutes, and then automatically shut down after a further 5)
- Documents being worked on when an automatic shutdown takes place will not be saved, so be sure to save your work as you go to Google Drive, USB memory sticks or other similar devices
- For more information on how to use Google Drive, please click here
- Any files saved to the computer will be deleted after shutting down, so be sure to save files to Google Drive, USB memory sticks or similar devices
- CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive not available
- Internet browsers, Word, Excel and Power Point can all be used
- Printing is charged for. Use a student Co-Op pre-paid copy card. Please refer to the relevant item below about using card-operated printers
- Headphone jack available on the front of the terminal. If the cord on your own headphones is too short, headphones are available for loan at the Main Counter
※Take care that the sound cannot be heard by others around you when using headphones
- If the computer workstation area is crowded, more terminals available in the Information Education Building
Inquiries Regarding Use of Electronic Equipment
- Please inquire at the Main Building 1st Floor Help Desk. No inquiries will be handled on weekdays after 17:00 or on weekends
- IT/Computer support provided at the Computer Education Building. Please see here for details (Hours etc)
Open Access Floor
The university-wide wireless LAN service “1284 Wireless" (WiFi: EEE802.11n compliant Wireless LAN) can be used in the following locations in the library:
- Main Building Basement Floor
- Main Building 1st Floor
- Main Building 2nd Floor
- Reading Room
- Main Building 3rd Floor
- Periodicals Annex 1st Floor
- Periodicals Annex 2nd Floor
- Periodicals Annex 4th Floor
- Periodicals Annex 5th Floor
- Clock Tower Commons
You Will Need
- University-issued ID (User ID/Password)
- Wireless LAN connectable machine(PC with onboard wireless LAN functionality/Wireless LAN PC card, etc.)
- Wireless LAN PC cards can be borrowed at the main counter
How to Connect
- WiFi connection (“1284wireless”) is available in the areas with the red stickers. Access the URL written on the stickers for details and instructions.
- After setting up network connection on your computer, open up a web browser and access any website which its URL starts with “http://” you will be redirected to the authentication page.
- Use your ID and password for Hitotsubashi Authentication system to verify as a student or a faculty of the university.
Internet Terminal and Information Search Corner PCs
Card-operated printers can be used from the Internet Terminal and Information Search Corner PCs
You Will Need
- Pre-paid copy card from the student Co-Op
※University (Academic Affairs Division/Student Support Division)-issued copy-cards can be used in the Information Education Building
Using the Printers
- Select a printer on your PC from the following two options:
- Reference Books (North)-side black/white printers：front
- Periodicals Annex (South)-side color printers：back
- After pressing “OK" on the print screen, a “Queue User ID" column will be displayed. Please enter a combination of letters/numbers
- If you don’t wish to have other people print by accident, please enter a voluntary PIN number(may be left blank)
- Press the “ID Print" button on the large touch-panel on the output printer
- Selecting the “Queue User ID" you entered earlier and pressing “Document Confirmation/Print" will output the document, so select and press “Print"
- Selecting “No Deletion After Printing will make re-printing possible
- Even if No Deletion After Printing is selected, print information will be deleted after a period of 23 hours
Driver for Card-operated Printers
A driver for card-operated printers can be installed on PCs brought into the library.
Please see here for details.
Locations for Use of Electronic Equipment, etc.
Please refrain from using electronic equipment in the following locations:
- Periodicals Annex 3rd Floor Reading Rooms
Electronic Equipment refers to
- Electronic dictionaries
- Portable music players
- Mobile hones/PHS devices
- Please observe the following when using electronic equipment in locations other than those mentioned above:
- Do not talk on mobile phones or PHS devices in the library
- Please use calculators with noisy keys or electronic equipment that a noise in the 2nd Floor Periodicals Annex
- Hitotsubashi University will not be responsible for any trouble or loss/damage arising from the use of user internet terminals.
- As a rule, no refunds will be made for items output to card-operated printers once they have been output, circumstances notwithstanding, with the sole exception noted below.
- Measures for refund may be taken in instances where the printer itself is clearly malfunctioning, such as when excessive lines are present on printed material. Take the printed material and copy card and inquire at the student Co-Op.