Chiyoda Campus Library
The Chiyoda Campus Library is located on the 5th floor of the National Center of Sciences.
The library has about 20,000 materials and about 60 reading seats.
*Currently, the number of reading seats is limited. Please see the indications.
Students, faculty and staff of Hitotsubashi University may use the library regardless of whether they belong to the Chiyoda Campus or not.
Please also check the notices posted at the Main Library (Kunitachi Campus) before using the library.
Please refrain from entering the library if you are unwell, such as fever, cough, feeling lethargic, or loss of smell and taste.
Using the Library
Hitotsubashi University Members
|Faculty and Staff||Bring your Faculty/Staff ID Card.|
|Students||Bring your Student ID Card.|
|Alumni||Bring your Special User ID (A or B) of Hitotsubashi University Library.|
If you would like to create a new one, please click here.
|Students, Faculty, Staff or Researchers||Please contact us by email before your visit.|
Bring your ID from your institution.
|Others||Please contact us by email before your visit.|
Bring your ID(document to verify your identity).
Counter Business Hours
|Quarter(Weekdays)||13:15 – 16:00 ，17:00 – 20:15|
|Break(Weekdays)||11:30 – 14:30 ，15:30 – 18:30|
- Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, and the New Year’s and Christmas holidays (December 27-January 4).
- The library may be temporarily closed.
- Please see the file below for the annual schedule. *Japanese ONLY
Using Library Materials
Click here to see the number of books available for loan, loan period, etc.
- The number of books checked out is the total of the number of books in the Main Library (Kunitachi Campus).
- You can check out and return books using the self-checkout machine.
- Periodicals in the Chiyoda Campus Library cannot be checked out.
- Hitotsubashi University faculty, staff, and students may request materials from the Main Library (Kunitachi Campus) via HERMES-Catalog or MyLibrary (except for materials that are not available for loan). Materials are usually sent out twice a week (Monday and Thursday).
Photocopy of Chiyoda Campus Materials
A card-operated photocopier is available for graduate students (for library materials ONLY).
Copyright laws must be observed.
If you do not have a graduate student photocopy card, library staff will make photocopies. (university members: 20 yen/sheet, non-university members: 40 yen/sheet)
Photocopy Delivery Service
Hitotsubashi University faculty, staff, and students may request photocopies from the Main Library (Kunitachi Campus) via MyLibrary. They are usually sent out twice a week (Monday and Thursday).
Materials checked out from the Chiyoda Campus Library may also be returned to the Main Library (Kunitachi Campus).
Materials checked out from the Main Library (Kunitachi Campus) may also be returned to the Chiyoda Campus Library.
To return materials by mail, please follow the instructions below.
- Please use a method that is traceable. (e.g., courier, Letter Pack)
- Please wrap books in a plastic bag to prevent rain or water damage.
- You are responsible for shipping costs.
The mailing address is as follows;
Hitotsubashi University Chiyoda Campus Library
National Center of Sciences 5F, 2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8439
*Please write “Returned Books" if the name of the item can be written.
Some electronic resources are available from off-campus. Click here for details.
To find out how to search for master’s theses, click here.
Chiyoda Campus Library Regulations
Chiyoda Campus Library
National Center of Sciences, 5F
2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 101-8439, JAPAN
E-mail: cyd-lib-ml<at>ad.hit-u.ac.jp（Replace " <at> " with “@".）
Please refer to this page.