Chiyoda Campus Library
LIBRARY USE RESTRICTIONS WILL BE RELAXED FOR THE CHIYODA PROGRAMS MEMBERS
(Nov. 30, 2021)
Library use restrictions to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 will be relaxed for the university students and faculty members affiliated to the graduate programs on Chiyoda Campus after December 1, 2021.
Users are required to wear masks and refrain from entering the library if you are unwell, such as fever, cough, feeling lethargic, or loss of smell and taste.
Graduate students and faculty members of the programs on Chiyoda Campus may enter through the east and west doors from 8:00am through 10:15pm on open days.
Available carrels are limited to 24 seats. Desktop PCs are available on request at the service desk. Sofa seats are not available.
Books can be checked out only during the service desk hours (semester periods: 1:15pm-4:00pm, 5:00pm-8:15pm; vacation periods: 11:30am-14:30pm, 15:30pm-18:30pm)
Visitors, including alumni, may not use the library.
Issuing letters of introduction to other libraries is being suspended.
ONLINE SEARCH FOR MASTER THESES (BIBLIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION AND CALL NUMBERS) FROM OFF-CAMPUS
1. Log in to MyLibrary from the link on the main library website home page.
2. Two windows appear. Click on ‘HERMES-Catalog’ on the list on ‘Remote Access Database Menu’ window.
Please contact us by e-mail if you want to return books by mail. (cyd-lib-ml at ad.hit-u.ac.jp)
E-RESOURCES ACCESSIBLE FROM OFF-CAMPUS
Please read the notice 'E-resources accessible from off-campus’ on the main library home page 'Important Notices’:
Notices from the main library:
Who can use the library?
- Faculty and Staff Faculty/Staff ID is required.
- Graduate Students Student ID is required.
- Undergraduate Students Student ID is required.
Visitors (Use by visitors and alumni is being suspended.) Registered alumni User ID is required. Other visitors.
Please contact us via e-mail before visiting. Your ID is required
- Semester periods: 1:15pm – 4:00pm , 5:00pm – 8:15pm
- Vacation periods: 11:30am – 2:30pm , 3:30pm – 6:30pm
From Monday, September 12 until Monday, December 26, 2022:
From Tuesday, December 27, 2022 until Wednesday, January 4, 2023:
From Thursday, January 5 until Friday, January 6, 2023:
After Tuesday, January 10, 2023:
- Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays
- December 27 to January 4
- There may be additional closures.
Please read the conditions on the Main Library webpage:
- Maximum items checked out from Chiyoda Campus Library and the Main Library are shown.
- Self-checkout is available.
- Periodicals in Chiyoda Campus Library are non-circulating.
- The university members may make requests for delivery of books (excepting non-cirulating materials) from the Main Library via HERMES or MyLibrary. Items are dispatched twice a week (usually Mondays and Thursdays).
Visitors are limited to in-library use and photocopying (40yen per sheet) only.Use by visitors and alumni is being suspended.
There is a card-operated photocopier for graduate students in the library (to be used only for library materials).
The copyright law should be observed.
Photocopy Delivery Requests
The university members may make requests for delivery of photocopies to the main library via MyLibrary (20yen per sheet).
Items are dispatched twice a week (usually Mondays and Thursdays).
Chiyoda Campus Library
National Center of Sciences, 5F
2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 101-8439, JAPAN
E-mail: cyd-lib-ml<at>ad.hit-u.ac.jp（Replace " <at> " with “@".）
Please refer to this page.