Library Closure April 10 – June 14 (Last Updated: May 15)
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the library will be closed on the following days.
Friday, April 10 – Sunday, June 14, 2020
However, members of Hitotsubashi University can checkout and photocopy materials by advance application.
Tuesdays and Fridays from April 10 to May 1
Tuesdays and Fridays from May 8 to May 15
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from May 19 to June 12
*You can borrow and photocopy on Wednesdays since May 20. [Updated on May 15]
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In principle, please use the book return drop.
Chiyoda Campus Library, Kodaira Research Library and Library Exhibition Room will be closed from Friday, April 10 to Wednesday, June 14.
How to apply (It will be changed from May 1.)
- Log in to MyLibrary and make a reservation to click the “Reserve" button of the library materials you want to use.
- Please select “Main Library – Reserve" as the Circulation Counter.
- When the library materials are ready, we will send you a confirmation email, so please come to the library.
- Please show us the confirmation email (print or screen) at the circulation counter.
*You may receive materials on the next pickup day but depending on the work schedule of the staff, it may take some time to prepare them.
If you reserve some materials on May 7, you can pick them up on May 8.
If you reserve some materials on May 8, you can pick them up on May 12.
*If you do not receive them on the pickup day within a week, the reservation will be canceled. If you are unable to receive them due to unavoidable circumstances, please let us know by replying to the confirmation email.
If you receive the confirmation email on May 8, we will cancel your reservation on May 15.
*Materials of the Chiyoda Campus Library, the Kodaira Library, the IER Library and the RCISSS Library are not available.
If it is difficult to reserve with MyLibrary, please send an email as follows.
Please refer to the HERMES-Catalog for items (4)-(7).
To: service-order◎lib.hit-u.ac.jp (Please change ◎ to @)
Subject: Advance reservation of materials
(2) Student ID or staff number
(3) Pick up date
(4) Title, volume and other information
(6) Call No.
(7) Barcode No.
Relaxation of the maximum number of books available for checkout
The maximum number of books that can be borrowed is relaxed as follows.
– Undergraduate students: 20 books
– Graduate students: 60 books
– Faculty and staff: 70 books *no change
Loan period (Last Updated: May 8)
We will not re-extend the due date of books checked out at the Main Library counter for extension of library closing. After May 1, the due date will be the same as the usage rules.
The due date of books which have checked out at the Chiyoda Campus Library Counter will be extended until Monday, June 22.
Relaxation of the maximum number of renewal (Last updated: May 8)
Library materials that are not overdue and not reserved can be renewed more than 3 times. We will send you a reminder email 3 days before the due date, so please extend it via MyLibrary. Please return reserved books.
Return Books (Last updated: May 8)
Books can be returned in the return box near the library entrance or by mail. If you want to return books by mail, please contact us.
Reservation/Delivery service(Last updated: May 8)
It is possible to reserve from MyLibrary.
Reservation materials will be hold until 7 days after the next opening day.
We have stopped the Delivery service both of the Chiyoda Campus Library and Kodaira Research Library.
- The main entrance to the library is not available.
- All reading seats and Internet terminals are not available.
- ILL requests, letters of introduction and book purchase requests from MyLibrary are not available.
- There will be no penalties for overdue visits during the temporary closing period. However, if the material is overdue, you cannot checkout new materials.
- Please refrain from entering the library if you are unwell, such as fever, cough, or feeling lethargic.
- Please wear a mask when you come to the library. If you are unable to wear it, please cooperate with Cough Etiquette.
- Please refrain from staying for long time, even in areas that can be entered.
- The reopening is scheduled for Monday, June 15, from 8:40 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but is subject to change depending on circumstances.
Any changes will be announced in due course.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation in preventing the spread of COVID-19 infection.