- Research Guide
- How to Search for Library Materials
How to Search for Library Materials
- Hitotsubashi University Library has a collection of approximately 1,800,000 items. To find materials, you need to know whether they are held by the library, where they are located, and what the call number is.
- To locate books and periodicals (including electronic journals) held at the library, searching HERMES (the Hitotsubashi University online catalog) is the standard option, but there are some materials that require other methods, as well as others that cannot be searched for via HERMES.
- Materials that require you to use a special search method
- Materials that you can not find using HERMES
- Materials held at the library are generally classified by their main subject matter and arranged on the shelves according to that classification. If you know the classification for the subject matter of the materials you are looking for, you can go straight to the relevant shelves and browse all the related materials together.
Basic process for obtaining library materials (including electronic journals)
No match found
（For materials published up to and including 1990）
|No match found|
No match found
（For materials published after 1991）
Search results for electronic journals link to the relevant electronic journal website.
Materials that require you to use a special search method
- You can search for theses by the thesis advisor's name
- You can also search for electronic journals using HERMES
Materials that you cannot find using HERMES
- You can find various books and periodicals in the Special Collections using HERMES, but note that a complete list is not yet available on HERMES. Please start your search here for non-book materials and items that have not yet been entered into HERMES.