- For libraries with mutual use agreements
For Libraries with Mutual Use Agreements
Libraries with mutual use agreements
- Renmin University of China Library
- Tsuda College Library
- ICU Library
- IDE Library
- The Tokyo Consortium of Four Universities
- Keio University Mita Media Center
- Sophia University Library
- Waseda University Central Library
- The Tama area 5 national universities
- Tokyo Institute of Technology
Use of the Library
Scope of Use
- Copying in the library
- Reference Questionnaires (concerning materials held at the library)
- Inter-library Loans (please apply through your university)
- Checking Out (service only for members of the Institute of Development Economies (IDE))
Entering the Library
- Fill in an external non-university user card at the reception counter.
- Show your ID (Student ID/Faculty ID).
- You will be provided with a one-day library entry ID. Please keep it on your person while in the library, and return it when you leave.
Checking Out (Service only for members of the IDE)
- Please show your faculty or student ID card, and submit User Card Application Form issued by the IDE Library to Hitotsubashi University Library. You will be provided with a user card which will enable you to enter the library and borrow materials.
- Reception hours for application are below.
Reception hours Issuable hours During the library opens (issued on that day) From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays (issued later) From the library opening on next weekday
- These procedures are valid only in the library and Institute of Economic Reserch Library. Research Center for Information and Statistics of Social Science, Center for Historical Social Science Literature (CHSSL) and International Corporate Strategy Library are not included.
- See here about types of materials which can be borrowed and loan period.
Please bear the following points in mind:
- Materials held at Hitotsubashi University libraries are aimed at users who will use them for learning or educational/research activities. Users seeking to use only the facilities will not be admitted.
- Some materials may not be available due to their being on loan or out for repair or binding.
- The library is especially crowded during and just before exam periods (from the middle to the end of July and from the middle of January to the middle of February). Please understand that this may affect the speed of responses to requests.
- Databases and electronic materials that are contractually restricted for use only by Hitotsubashi University staff/students may not be used.
Use of Materials
Please apply at the counter for retrieval of materials that are held in the stack area, valuable materials room, or microform room. Please check the application times.
CD-ROMs shelved at the counter can be used from 9:00-17:00 on weekdays.
- Graduation theses, master's theses, and credit-earning theses for doctoral courses are works that are yet to be made public, and viewing is limited to Hitotsubashi University staff and students. Approval of the author will be required for use by any other party. Approval of the author will also be required for any copying, irrespective of the department the user belongs to. Please inquire in advance at the library if you wish to use such materials.
- Use of valuable materials requires a reservation made at least the day before. Click here for details.
- For valuable materials that are displayed in the online catalog as being located at "CHSSL Social Science Literature" or "Center for Historical Social Science Literature", please inquire at the Center for Historical Social Science Literature.